Angular Security Workshop with Dr. Philippe De Ryck (100% Online, Interactive)
Angular applications disrupt the traditional web security landscape, and finding reliable security advice is hard. This workshop provides Angular developers with the answers to all their security questions.
With a mix of lectures, demos, quizzes, and hands-on labs, participants discover best practices for building secure Angular applications. We investigate how to use and configure security mechanisms available in modern browsers. We explore how Angular handles security out-of-the-box, along with common mistakes that circumvent these protections. Additionally, we discuss scenarios that address common questions, including secure data storage in the browser and the use of OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect.
This workshop offers practical and immediately applicable security advice for Angular developers. Throughout the workshop, Philippe is available to answer any questions, including concrete scenarios applying to your own applications.
We are all connected via a Browser-based virtual classroom.
Lots of demos and interactive challenges guided by your trainer.
The workshop consists of a mixture of lectures, demos, interactive quizzes, and hands-on labs. The lectures provide in-depth knowledge of attacks and defenses. The hands-on labs are conducted in a custom-built competitive training environment, allowing participants to gain hands-on experience with offensive and defensive technologies.
- ✅ Completely online – no travel required!
- ✅ Interactive: ask questions and participate in discussions
- ✅ True understanding of problems, solutions, and their trade-offs
- ✅ High-quality course materials to use as a reference
- ✅ Lots of demos and lab sessions
- ✅ Labs remain accessible after the workshop
Your Trainer: Dr Philippe De Ryck, GDE
Philippe De Ryck helps developers protect companies through better web security. His Ph.D. in web security from KU Leuven lies at the basis of his exceptional knowledge of the security landscape. As the founder of Pragmatic Web Security, Philippe delivers security training and security consulting to companies worldwide.
Philippe is a Google Developer Expert and an Auth0 Ambassador/Expert for his community contributions on the security of web applications and APIs. Philippe has been speaking about Angular security since AngularJS 1.x, and is widely recognized as an Angular security expert.
- ✅ Familiarity with building Angular applications.
- ✅ An understanding of OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect (this free introduction course is the perfect starting point)
- ✅ Access to a computer with a modern browser (Chrome is recommended)
- Origins, sites, and domains
- UI redressing attacks
- Browser-based data leakage
- Configuring browser security headers
- Introduction to Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- XSS defenses in Angular
- XSS pitfalls in Angular
- XSS and server-side rendering
- Using Trusted Types with Angular
- XSS and server-side rendering
Deploying Content Security Policy
- Introduction to Content Security Policy (CSP)
- Common security mistakes in CSP policies
- Deploying CSP for Angular
- Practicalities about CSP
Advanced client-side security features
- Security with Subresource Integrity (SRI)
- Sandboxing untrusted content
- HTML5 sandboxing strategies
A secure frontend architecture
- Architectural security patterns
- Secure data storage in the browser
- Using the Web Crypto API
Advanced OAuth 2.0 security
- OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect best practices for SPAs and Single Sign-On
- Circumventing OAuth 2.0 security
- Introducing the Backend-For-Frontend pattern
- Security recommendations for using OAuth 2.0 in Angular
- Outlook to OAuth 2.1
All of our seminars are always available remotely or in-house. Contact us to make an appointment
Remote or In-House
21. 05 2021
28. 05 2021
30. 06 2021
19. 08 2021