Protect your business-critial Angular applications!
- Dauer: 2 Days
- Remote: 27.02.2023
- Gruppenrabatt verfügbar
- Individuell vereinbar
- In-House oder remote
- Ab ca. 8 Teilnehmer günstiger
Proven Interactive Workshop with Labs and Discussions
Angular applications disrupt the traditional web security landscape, and finding reliable security advice is hard. This workshop provides Angular developers with the answers to all their security questions.
With a mix of lectures, demos, quizzes, and hands-on labs, participants discover best practices for building secure Angular applications. We investigate how to use and configure security mechanisms available in modern browsers. We explore how Angular handles security out-of-the-box, along with common mistakes that circumvent these protections. Additionally, we discuss scenarios that address common questions, including secure data storage in the browser and the use of OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect.
This workshop offers practical and immediately applicable security advice for Angular developers. Throughout the workshop, Philippe is available to answer any questions, including concrete scenarios applying to your own applications.
Selected Topics (full list below)
✅ Common security mistakes in CSP policies
✅ Advanced HTML5 sandboxing techniques
✅ Configuring browser security headers
✅ Security recommendations for using OAuth 2.0 in Angular
✅ Advanced OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect Security
Selected Feedback from Previous Participants
💬 In-depth knowledge presented and interesting conversations. All questions were answered.
💬 The clear presentation of difficult topics. The Q&A. And also the practice exercises. It all helps a lot to let things sink in.
💬 The workshop was really pragmatic as promised!
💬 I liked the expertise of the presenter. Also: Presentation style, labs, quizzes, etc.
💬 Highly recommendable!
✅ Online version: 100% remote – No travel required!
✅ Interactive: ask questions and participate in discussions
✅ True understanding of problems, solutions, and their trade-offs
✅ High-quality course materials to use as a reference
✅ Lots of demos and lab sessions
✅ Labs remain accessible after the workshop
Ausgewählte zufriedene Kunden
The course of the training at a glance
- Origins, sites, and domains
- UI redressing attacks
- Browser-based data leakage
- Architectural security patterns
- Introduction to Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- XSS defenses in Angular
- XSS pitfalls in Angular
- XSS and server-side rendering
- Introduction to Content Security Policy (CSP)
- Common security mistakes in CSP policies
- Deploying CSP for Angular
- Practicalities about CSP
- Security with Subresource Integrity (SRI)
A Secure Frontend Architecture
- Sandboxing untrusted content
- Enforcing behavioral restrictions
- Advanced HTML5 sandboxing techniques
- Secure data storage in the browser
- Using the Web Crypto API
- Security patterns using the Web Crypto API
- Configuring browser security headers
Advanced OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect Security
- OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect best practices for SPAs and Single Sign-On
- Circumventing OAuth 2.0 security
- Introducing the Backend-For-Frontend pattern
- Security recommendations for using OAuth 2.0 in Angular
- Outlook to OAuth 2.1
03. 03 13:00 - 17:30 (CET)
10. 03 09:00 - 17:00 (CET)
Manfred Steyer ist Google Developer Expert (GDE) für Angular sowie Tursted Collaborator im Angular-Team. Zusammen mit seinem Team betreut er Kunden im gesamten deutschen Sprachruam. Der Fokus liegt dabei auf Geschäfts- und Industrie-Anwendungen auf der Basis von Angular.