Angular Security Workshop with Dr De Ryck (English, Online)
Angular applications disrupt the traditional web security landscape, and finding reliable security advice is hard. This workshop provides Angular developers with the answers to all their security questions.
With a mix of lectures, demos, quizzes, and hands-on labs, participants discover best practices for building secure Angular applications. We investigate how to use and configure security mechanisms available in modern browsers. We explore how Angular handles security out-of-the-box, along with common mistakes that circumvent these protections. Additionally, we discuss scenarios that address common questions, including secure data storage in the browser and secure token handling when using OAuth 2.0 or OpenId Connect.
This workshop offers practical and immediately applicable security advice for Angular developers. Throughout the workshop, Philippe is available to answer any questions, including concrete scenarios applying to your own applications.
We are all connected via a Browser-based virtual classroom.
Lots of demos and interactive challenges guided by your trainer.
The workshop consists of a mixture of lectures, demos, interactive quizzes, and hands-on labs. The lectures provide in-depth knowledge of attacks and defenses. The hands-on labs are conducted in a custom-built competitive training environment, allowing participants to gain hands-on experience with offensive and defensive technologies.
- ✅ Completely online – no travel required!
- ✅ Interactive: ask questions and participate in discussions
- ✅ True understanding of problems, solutions, and their trade-offs
- ✅ High-quality course materials to use as a reference
- ✅ Lots of demos and lab sessions
- ✅ Labs remain accessible after the workshop
Your Trainer: Dr Philippe De Ryck, GDE
Philippe De Ryck helps developers protect companies through better web security. His Ph.D. in web security from KU Leuven lies at the basis of his exceptional knowledge of the security landscape. As the founder of Pragmatic Web Security, Philippe delivers security training and security consulting to companies worldwide.
Philippe is a Google Developer Expert and an Auth0 Ambassador/Expert for his community contributions on the security of web applications and APIs. Philippe has been speaking about Angular security since AngularJS 1.x, and is widely recognized as an Angular security expert.
- ✅ Familiarity with building Angular applications.
- ✅ Access to a computer with a modern browser (Chrome is recommended)
- Origins, sites, and domains
- UI redressing attacks
- Browser-based data leakage
- Architectural security patterns
- Introduction to Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- XSS defenses in Angular
- XSS pitfalls in Angular
- XSS and server-side rendering
- Introduction to Content Security Policy (CSP)
- Common security mistakes in CSP policies
- Deploying CSP for Angular
- Practicalities about CSP
- Security with Subresource Integrity (SRI)
A Secure Frontend Architecture
- Sandboxing untrusted content
- Enforcing behavioral restrictions
- Advanced HTML5 sandboxing techniques
- Secure data storage in the browser
- Using the Web Crypto API
- Security patterns using the Web Crypto API
- Configuring browser security headers
Advanced OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect Security
- OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect best practices for SPAs and Single Sign-On
- Circumventing OAuth 2.0 security
- Introducing the Backend-For-Frontend pattern
- Security recommendations for using OAuth 2.0 in Angular
- Outlook to OAuth 2.1
Alle unsere Seminare sind jederzeit auch Remote oder In-House verfügbar. Kontaktieren Sie uns für eine Terminvereinbarung
Remote oder In-House
21. 05 2021
28. 05 2021
23. 06 2021
30. 06 2021
19. 08 2021