Professional Angular Testing (100% Online, Interactive, English)
Ensure the Quality of Your Mission-Critical Angular Solutions with Jest, Cypress, and Storybook!
This workshop covers all the necessary aspects for testing in Angular. You not only learn the different techniques but also when to use them. An essential part are the hands-on exercises and subsequent discussions, where your individual challenges can also be dealt with.
After this workshop, you will — among other things — be able to …
- … understand when to use unit, components, integration and E2E tests,
- … test asynchronous code,
- … interact with the rendered DOM of a component or component tree,
- … significantly reduce the boilerplate code by using the latest tools,
- … test the layout of the components using screenshots,
- … design your E2E so that they do not influence each other,
- … to avoid unstable E2E tests,
- … to perfectly align your architectures for testability
This international training takes place in English.
✅ Completely online – no travel required!
✅ Interactive: ask questions and participate in discussions
✅ Lots of exercises and live coding
✅ Case study that you can use as a blueprint for your own projects
✅ Pair programming with your trainer
Some Happy Customers
We are all connected through a browser-based virtual classroom.
Lots of live coding and interactive exercises including pair programming with your trainers.
Theoretical phases alternate with live coding and exercises.
You have already worked with Angular and have a basic understanding of unit testing with Angular.
Early Bird Tickets
We offer inexpensive early bird tickets until April 10th.
Please contact us if you want to have a company workshop on these or other Angular-related topics. In general, company workshops are more inexpensive starting with eight participants. You can reach us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part 1: Unit Tests
Unit tests with Jest
- Jasmine vs. Jest
- Test Coverage
- Extending Jest
- fakeAsync vs. waitForAsync
- Mocking: jest.mock, jest.fn, jest.spyOn
Testing of reactivity
- RxJS Marbles for pipe operators
- Use of RxJs Marbles in normal unit tests
- Unit tests for NGRX
Part 2: Component & Integration Tests
- TestBed and Dependency Injection
- DOM interaction
- Change detection
- Component Snapshots
Advanced component tests
- Nested components
- Testing @Input and @Output
- Testing directives and pipes
- Factory methods for reducing boilerplate code
- Testing Library
- Reuse harnesses
- NgRx and the MockStore
- Two approaches: London & Detroit
- Test strategies: when should I use what?
- Testable architecture
Part 3: End-to-End Tests with Cypress & Visual Regression
Visual regression with storybook
- Multiple Jest configurations
- Overview of existing E2E frameworks
- Difference between Web-Driver and Chrome DevTools protocol
- Cypress and its “awaiting” feature
- The cy object
- Implicit and explicit assertions
- Page Object Models
- cy expand object
- Avoid Flaky Tests
- Mocking of HTTP requests
- Reuse Angular Harnesses
Cypress and Beyond
- Optimal test design
- Conditional tests
- Direct communication with the backend
- Unit tests in connection with Storybook
- Unit tests with Component Test Runner
- Test Coverage
All of our seminars are always available remotely or in-house. Contact us to make an appointment
Remote or In-House
23. 02 2022
04. 03 2022
10. 03 2022
26. 04 2022
29. 04 2022
23. 06 2022
14. 07 2022